Portsmouth New Theatre Royal
The theatre was originally built in 1884 and extensively re-designed and enlarged by Frank Matcham in 1900. After a career as a theatre and short spells as a cinema, film set and a boxing arena and back to a theatre in the late 1960’s the stage was destroyed by fire in 1972 but the auditorium was saved by the fire curtain. It remained unused and decaying until 1986/7 when a thrust stage was built and the theatre was used again as a performance venue. Between 2014 and 2015 in a collaboration between the adjacent University of Portsmouth and Portsmouth City Council with other stakeholders the theatre had a new stagehouse, offices and rehearsal studio built and the front of house areas refurbished.
Working directly for the theatre, National Stage Technology provided some additional audio wiring, show relay, Intercom, backstage paging, an EV main house sound system also lighting, rigging, audio and video infrastructure in the newly built Minghella studio.